The Thousand Streams of the River Country
There are a couple of questions that regularly come up when lunars transform into certain animals.
Q: How fast does a bird move overland?
A: A bird moves at the listed speed for ‘Horse relay, simple’ but is capable of moving in a considerably more direct route.
Q: What are the stats of a fly or other tiny creature?A:
- Dexterity: A distinction is drawn between Dexterity for the purpose of Accuracy or Movement and Dexterity for the purpose of Defense or Stealth. The Dexterity for Accuracy or Movement will be on the normal 1-5 scale, the Dexterity for Defense or Stealth will be up to double that.
- Strength: Strength will be low, it can be 0 which means that you cannot damage man-sized creatures with Strength-based attacks.
- Stamina: Stamina is assessed not just on objective difficulty of hurting the creature, but also on the relative difficulty based on the size, e.g. cockroaches would have Stamina 2, while walking sticks might have 1. Stamina cannot be 0.
Q: What are the stats of a Tyrant Lizard or other huge animals? Can I use their 14 Strength to clinch everything?A:
- Dexterity: Dexterity will be assessed normally, almost always between 1-5.
- Strength: A distinction is drawn between Strength for Accuracy (in clinches) or Jumping versus Strength for maintaining grapples, performing feats of Strength or dealing damage. Accuracy and Jumping Strength will generally be from 1-5, damage etc. Strength will be much higher (14 for the Tyrant Lizard for example).
- Stamina: Stamina is assessed not just on objective difficulty of hurting the creature, but also on the relative difficulty based on the size, it may be extremely high.
Q: What goes to Elsewhere when I transform
A: Objects that are held only by the Lunar and are not so large as to require more than one hand to lift (at the time) and cannot be used in the form being transformed to for reasons other than size. For example a Lunar could filch someone’s purse and then fly away as a hawk, but they could not take it to elsewhere while they were struggling over it. A Lunar could pick up a column to use as a club while in the War Form and while it would not disappear when they returned to normal human size because they could still use it if only they were strong enough it would disappear if they became a hawk or other creature that did not have the appendages to wield it. A Lunar instinctively knows what objects they are currently carrying will and will not be placed in elsewhere for any given transformation.